We’ve spent the last few days concentrating on getting the downstairs bathroom finished. Still have a bit of work to do, but we have all of the sheetrock hung and a couple coats of joint compound applied. We’ve also got the subfloor down and ready for tile. We hope to get the tile down this weekend. Another coat or two of joint compound and some sanding, then the main part of the bathroom will be ready to prime and paint. Next will be the shower! All of the plumbing is complete, we just need to get the rest of the backer board down and then it’s ready to tile!
Archives for July 2012
Busy couple of days working on Colby’s car to get it ready for him to take his driving test. We had to replace the driver side door handle with a new one. Sounds fairly easy, but it was really difficult. We spent about 5 hours, many curse words and scuffed knuckles just getting it replaced. But it was worth it, truly a learning experience in patience. We also replaced all 4 speakers in the car with new ones. The sound system now rocks! We also finished prepping the hood and getting it primered. Many hours of wet sanding and wet sanding and wet sanding….however, if he ever decides to get the front clip and hood painted, it’s ready!
Picked up Colby’s car from the body shop this evening. They did a really nice job fixing the bumper support and installing the replacement bumper, bumper cover, new headlights, windshield and wheel wells. No way we could’ve gotten all of that done in one day. Really wish we could’ve had the bumper cover and hood totally finished before taking it to the body shop, but that’s hard to do when you don’t have any power…So, we’ll spend some more time finishing the bumper cover and hood to get them one color. Tomorrow, we’re putting in new spark plugs and taking it easy!
And in case you forgot, this is what we started with….not bad progress for 2 weeks considering how busy we’ve been!
So, the plan was to have Colby’s replacement hood and bumper prepped and ready for the body shop on Monday. We were to deliver the car tonight so they can get started on the installation early Monday morning. However, we’ve been without power since Friday evening due to storms, working on the car Friday evening and Saturday was a bust. We had to spend the night at my mothers house last night because our house was just to hot to stay at. Luckily, we had power restored at 10:30 this morning and were about to get as much of the car ready as possible. The hood is just going to have to wait until we get the car back from the body shop, but we were about to get the bumper about 95% complete. Still have a bit of wet sanding to do, but it’s almost complete. The body shop is going to straight the front cow of the car, install the new bumper support, bumper cover, new headlights and new windshield. After that, we won’t be in as much of a rush to finish everything else. The car will be road worthy and ready for Colby to take his drivers test in it….