Our goal for the weekend was to get the outside kitchen door relocated to it’s new position and install the new siding on the back of the house. After many hours late Friday evening, we had the door installed in it’s new location. A lot of work to relocate the door about 8 feet, but something that needed to be done. Saturday was spent cutting the grass and a family night out, so we didn’t do any kitchen work. Today, we got the outside insulation up, all of the door trim installed and installed the storm door. We were hoping to totally finish with the siding, but unfortunately, the 7 new pieces that we had to buy do not match the existing siding. Therefore, we put up what we could and we’ll have to order the remaining 7 pieces that we need. It’ll probably take a couple of weeks to get the remaining siding in. The good news is that we can start the finish work on the inside.
Archives for October 2013
We spent almost 6 hours this evening removing siding from the back of the house, taking out a window, relocating an electrical outlet and framing in the new location for the back door. We new that it was going to be time consuming, but glad we got it done this evening so we’ll have the weekend to work on other things. Hopefully we’ll get the sheetrock up by Sunday evening and the new siding installed on the back of the house.
We’ve had an extremely busy weekend, trying to get as much accomplished on the new kitchen as we can. We had to frame in the old doorway to the kitchen, frame in the back door, installed 5 new canister lights, installed 2 recepticles, re-route a much of electrical, etc, etc…. All of the time consuming work should be done, so we finished the weekend buy hanging a few pieces of sheetrock. Things are finally starting to go back together. It’s been a long, hard weekend, but we’re looking forward to getting this project completed.