I finally finished the custom Hot Wheels VW T2 Bus. I’m not totally satisfied with the end results, but overall, it’s not that bad. This custom took a lot longer than I thought it would. I ended up restarting 3 times during the process. I just couldn’t get the look that I was going for in certain areas. I’d like to do this one again some time in the future, it’s a great casting to custom. To finish, I detailed the base/display for the bus. I used a standard 1/64 scale display case, added some joint compound for the terrain, added 2 coats of light tan and brown flat paint on top of textured tan paint, then added some foliage for detail. When you get to this point, you can be as creative as you want. Use what you have, make it look the way that you want it to. I used an old shop rag wrapped around a q-tip, then soaked in stain, for the tarp rolls, glued some crushed parsley to the bed to simulate fallen leaves, then added a last layering of details with some pastel chalks. Again, I’m only about 80% satisfied with the final product, but it was fun to make and that’s what it’s all about. This will be my last custom using rattle cans. I finally invested into a nice airbrush kit that I’ll be using from now on. I just need to practice with it and learn as I go.