Tinting Your Vintage VW Beetle Headlights

Solex 34 Pict 3 Rebuild For A Friend

Recently rebuilt and cleaned a Solex 34 Pict 3 for a friend. Video below!

New Die Cast and Mabel

Getting Mabel Ready For SpringMore Hot Wheels For The CollectionMore Hot Wheels For The CollectionMore Hot Wheels For The CollectionMore Hot Wheels For The CollectionWe picked up a few new Hot Wheels to add to the collection that we didn’t already have. Been looking for the 50th Anniversary Camaro and Mustang for a while, but only recently found them on the pegs at our local Walmart. I really love the detail on these cars. Also picked up a Delorean that I’ve been wanting, but my favorite find is this Matchbox 50th Anniversary VW Bus. The detail on the bus is second to none, it really is a great casting. I was also able to get our own ’68 Beetle “Mabel” out and about for an early spring drive. After sitting for most of the winter, it was great to get her out for a drive. She’s still driving like a top! We’re looking forward to many more miles with her this spring and summer!

Latest VW Beetle Desktop Wallpaper

VW Beetle Desktop WallpaperVW Beetle Desktop WallpaperVW Beetle Desktop WallpaperVW Beetle Desktop WallpaperVW Beetle Desktop WallpaperVW Beetle Desktop WallpaperLast week I took Mabel down to my favorite place to take pics of our cars. These were my favorites and the ones that I’ll be rotating as my desktop wallpaper until I decide to take updated pictures next spring. Feel free to use them for yourself. Just click on the pic you want, right click within the pic and save to your own pc.

1:64 Scale Surfboard For Diorama Beetle

Building 1:64 Scale SurfboardBuilding 1:64 Scale SurfboardBuilding 1:64 Scale SurfboardBuilding 1:64 Scale SurfboardBuilding 1:64 Scale SurfboardBuilding 1:64 Scale SurfboardBuilding 1:64 Scale SurfboardHad some time this evening and decided to make a surfboard to go with the roof rack that I completed yesterday for the 1:64 scale diorama. Wanted it to look vintage, so I decided to make it out of wood with a nice seal. I started with a popsicle stick, cut it to length, trimmed the sides, then started sanding to get the right dimensions. For a fin, I cut a piece of card stock, attached it with super glue, then coated the whole board in super glue to give it a nice finish and shine. Pretty quick and easy project, took maybe an hour or so.

Diorama Update / 1:64 Scale VW Beetle Roof Rack

Diorama Beetle Roof RackDiorama Beetle Roof RackDiorama Beetle Roof RackDiorama Beetle Roof RackDiorama Beetle Roof RackDiorama Beetle Roof RackDiorama Beetle Roof RackDiorama Beetle Roof RackDiorama Beetle Roof RackDiorama Beetle Roof RackDiorama Beetle Roof RackDiorama Beetle Roof RackDiorama Beetle Roof RackDiorama Beetle Roof RackDiorama Beetle Roof RackDiorama Beetle Roof RackCompleted Roof RackCompleted Roof RackSince I had fairly good success making the swamp cooler for the Beetle diorama, I wanted to continue to add by making a roof rack for the Beetle. I kicked around ideas for materials and finally decided to use small paper clips for the frame. I didn’t want it to look new, so removing the kinks from the paper clip gave it just enough wear. I used needle nose pliers to bend and shape the frame, trying my best to keep in to scale. I also tried different methods to hold the frame together. JB Weld didn’t work very well and it was very clumpy. Epoxy didn’t well either and like the JB Weld, it was clumpy. I had a little success with super glue gel, but in the end, it just didn’t work out. I ended up soldering the parts together. It’s still a little clumpy, not too bad. For the wooden slats, I was going to use a popsicle stick, but the scale wasn’t so great. What I ended up doing was folding a piece of paper 4 ways and gluing it together. This gave me a good thickness that was close to scale. After the glue was dry, I cut it into strips, dunked them into stain and let them dry. I did use the super glue to secure the slats to the frame. All in all, I’m pleased. It’s not perfect, but building one from scratch at this scale is very difficult.

Repair The Repaired Surfboard

Repairing The Repaired SurfboardRepairing The Repaired SurfboardRepairing The Repaired SurfboardRepairing The Repaired SurfboardRepairing The Repaired SurfboardRepairing The Repaired SurfboardRepairing The Repaired SurfboardRepairing The Repaired SurfboardRepairing The Repaired SurfboardRepairing The Repaired SurfboardRepairing The Repaired SurfboardRepairing The Repaired SurfboardRepairing The Repaired SurfboardRepairing The Repaired SurfboardRepairing The Repaired SurfboardRepairing The Repaired SurfboardRepairing The Repaired SurfboardLenora acquired a Rusty surfboard for Mabel a couple of months ago from friends who had picked it up at a VW show in another state. I’d been looking for one for a while and if you’re lucky enough to even find one for sale around north eastern Kentucky, they’re very, very expensive. I’ve been told that this is an early 70’s board that had been damaged some time in it’s life and repaired. It’s supposed to be a quality board, honestly, I don’t know. It’ll probably never see water again unless Mabel is getting a bath, for the rest of it’s life, it’s just a prop. I decided to “redo” the repair only because whoever had done the original repair didn’t take a lot of time to camouflage it. It actually looked pretty bad. This time around, I’m not going to try to hide the repair, just make it look better. Just like Mabel, I want people to see all of the bumps and bruises, that’s what gives it character. I’d thought about having it repainted originally, but I’m sure it’s probably not worth spending anymore money on it. Again, it’s just a prop. I did print some new Rusty logos to put over the repair just so people could see what kind of board it is. I may clear coat it in a couple of days or may just leave it the way it is….I like the way it turned out.

WP Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com