Finally got around to installing the new DRL’s that I bought for the Camaro. I’ve been wanting to do this for over a year and now I wish I’d done it sooner. The pics really don’t do it justice. The stock DRL’s looked yellow compared to the white light of the headlights. It’s hard to tell from the above pics, but there was a huge difference. You can also see the difference from the stock bulbs and the replacement bright LED’s.
The install was very easy. Six screws to release the fender liner so it can be moved out of the way for easy access to the light assembly. You don’t have to remove the wheels, but I did because I needed more access to install the last rivet that was part of the splitter install. I knew that I’d eventually replace the DRL’s, so I waited install the last 2 rivets so I wouldn’t be doing this twice. I thought it was going to be a lot harder than it really was.
As you can see from the pics, the last 2 rivets were needed to pull the edges of the splitter against the fascia. I really shouldn’t have driven it as long as I did without these rivets. But they installed easily and really gave it a nice, finished look.
In the pic on the left, the drivers side DRL has been replaced, but not the passenger side. Again, the pics don’t do it justice, but you can tell that there’s a difference. The pic on the right was taken after both DRL’s were replaced. Now they match the white brightness of the headlights and look so much better. Whole project only took an hour or so. Again, you don’t have to remove the front wheels, but I did for easier access to install the last 2 rivets for the splitter. Happy with the results.