(Originally posted May 2017) Between last night and this evening, I got a lot done on the deck lid wall light. Got the shelf stained and sealed, it turned out exactly the way that I wanted it to. Made a trip to Hobby Lobby and picked up the light for the license plate hood. Got all of the wiring secured. Modified the license plate hood so the light would fit properly. Put everything together and hung it for a test fitting. Im already working on another unit for a friend of mine, so I’m using the orange license plate hood until I can get my blue one put back one. Still waiting for the seal for the license plate hood, hopefully that will be here tomorrow or Friday and I can wrap this project up and call it complete. I’m very happy with the way it has turned out so far. Hope to get a pic of the finished product in a day or two.
Got the seal for license plate hood in the mail today, so I buttoned up this project. So I ended up with less than 20 dollars in the whole project, but keep in mind, many of the parts where donated. Looking forward to finishing another one for a friend who donated some parts to this one. I’m very, very pleased with the way it turned out.