One step closer to completing this custom. Finished the wood grain side panels that actually turned out a lot better than I thought they would. These didn’t have to be perfect because they would be partially hidden behind faux snow, but the dry brush technique worked perfectly. I’ve watched at least one video of a very talented custom builder trying to do this same custom and they struggled with the snow and ice on the car. This made me think long and hard about what I was going to use to replicate snow and ice stuck to the car. After looking at numerous glues and paints that I had available, I decided to go a whole different direction. Lenora had recently re-glazed some of the windows in the house and was using a latex based glaze. I remember thinking how much the texture of the glaze reminded me of frozen snow. We had some left over, so I thought I’d give it a try. It was a bit dry to use right out of the tube, but I thinned it a little with water and it brushed on the car exactly how I wanted it to. I kept building up layers until I was satisfied with the look. Once it’s dry, I may add a little more once I address the wheels. Won’t be long and it’ll be time to mount the tree.