This is probably one of the most ambitious customs that I’ve started and it has kicked my butt from step one! First my drill bit slipped off the pillar and I drilled through the base, I broke my drill bit off in the pillar when I was drilling it out to tap it, the first attempt at paint turned out horribly, so I decided to start over! Even from the beginning, I wasn’t sure what direction I was going to go with this one. I wanted to try to incorporate a new medium into this project so I decided to use poly styrene. After stepping away for a few days and giving it more thought, I’ve got a better idea of where I’m going with this one. The video below documents my failed first attempt. Part II will be available shortly and I think you’ll be pleasantly surprise at the outcome.